Monday, August 1, 2011

Biblical Bank

I am thoroughly convinced that if you make time for Gods will to have a chance at happening in your life that He will bless your life. Bless it more than you ever could have fathomed it becoming what God intended it to be. When you surrender to His plan above your own selfish desires, your allowing yourself to be open for His hands to use you for the greater good. Yes I know greater good sounds cheesy and I think superhero when i hear that phrase. I guess watching Captain America didn't help any lol
But for the past 4 weeks I have committed that I was eagerly gonna attend church and open my heart up to what the Lord is trying to teach me through the pastor. I learned about Lamenting in Lamentations, and the power that comes from open expressions of emotions to God. I learned about Gods strength in Ezekiel, and the sovereignty of God. I was amazed at the countless instances where the Bible talks about the Word of the Lord bringing life into things. Just this past weekend I learned a new view on Daniel. The basic Bible story of the fiery furnace struck home. My pastor said that the theme of Daniel is God's in charge. If you think about it that should be the theme of our lives also. God's in charge! What can we possibly justify worrying about when Gods plan is aligned with our plans?
Now what  I don't want you to think is that I'm saying is I believe in Karma. Because I do not. I believe in God providing for those who trust and place their faith in Him and in Him alone. This past year I personally have experienced countless times where I just had to say OK Lord I trust in what your doing with my life. And let me tell you for the most part my life has turned out better than it would have had I not trusted God. An example that I can think of is, sometimes I worry way too much about money and not making enough. But when I start to think  about that I simply just take a step back and remind myself God has reasons for why I run out of money, and He always provides for me. even in those times where I think I'm a useless bum in society. He uses others to show me no there is a reason for every situation in life. sometimes we as mere people can't understand why things happen until later in life when we look back and can directly see Gods hand at work.
So next time your thinking about what your gonna do in a sticky situation, bank on God. He is the only place where we can store our trust and reliability.

No comments:

Post a Comment