Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Words take 2

OK here it is I know I am way late on writing this thought down but it happens to the best of us life takes it course and we all become preoccupied with other things.

WORDS. Have you ever thought about where language originated and who got the credit for being the person to speak the title of something into existence. Who decided what words would be said and what they would mean? Whomever that person or persons was must have really been a respected citizen and must have really been a valuable asset to that community. I have heard over the years that some people create their own language for fun and I have often wondered is that how language began? Did someone just sit down and think this needs a name and I think I will take it upon myself to name it and why would the rest of the civilization agree upon that name for that object and spread that globally? Just a thought I had a few weeks ago. I know that in the bible the tower of babel was the deciding moment that the languages split and the people had to split up by what they spoke. Also I know that in the beginning God spoke everything into existence. So my question is could Adam and eve speak and write when they were created, did they have a language that we would still recognize today? Or did they just merely communicate with God subconsciously, and never have a reason to verbally speak. Think about word choice when you speak why do we use the words we use, is it simply to convey a message or is there a bigger reason behind our selection of words that we might never fully understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment